Sweet Onion Cornbread
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
Need the perfect side dish to go with that steamin' bowl of chili? Well, you're in luck because our homemade bread recipe for Sweet Onion Cornbread is a hearty favorite for your chilly weather meal. With just a few special touches, you too can have a homemade cornbread recipe that you can call your own!
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix
cup sour cream
cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Sauté chopped onion in a small skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray until tender.
- Prepare corn muffin batter according to package directions; pour into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan, and top with onion. Stir together sour cream and cheese; spread over onion.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Cornbread doesn't require rising time, so you can serve up this old-time favorite with minimal work.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES