Sweet Onion Cornbread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
Need the perfect side dish to go with that steamin' bowl of chili? Well, you're in luck because our homemade bread recipe for Sweet Onion Cornbread is a hearty favorite for your chilly weather meal. With just a few special touches, you too can have a homemade cornbread recipe that you can call your own!
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Sauté chopped onion in a small skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray until tender.
- Prepare corn muffin batter according to package directions; pour into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan, and top with onion. Stir together sour cream and cheese; spread over onion.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Cornbread doesn't require rising time, so you can serve up this old-time favorite with minimal work.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.