Sweet Potato Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These crunchy biscuits are much more tasty and interesting than their white-flour counterparts. Serve Sweet Potato Biscuits with your turkey this Thanksgiving.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup mashed canned sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, mix sweet potatoes, milk, sugar, egg, and butter until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Using 2 knives or a pastry cutter, cut shortening into flour mixture. Pour sweet potato mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined. Drop by large spoonfuls onto rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
For an extra sweet finishing touch, brush these yummy biscuits with warm maple syrup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In China, long noodles are eaten during the New Year to symbolize a wish for a long life. Whether or not you celebrate, we think everyone could agree on living a long, happy, and healthy life, which is why we've come up with our own way of making Lucky Chinese Noodles!