Sweet Potato Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to take a trip down to the South to enjoy this Southern favorite. Our Sweet Potato Biscuits are good, old-fashioned, Southern eatin'. Actually, we think they may be some of the most incredible biscuits we've ever tasted (especially when ya drizzle 'em with a little honey or syrup!).
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup mashed canned sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, mix sweet potatoes, milk, sugar, egg, and butter until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Using 2 knives or a pastry cutter, cut shortening into flour mixture. Pour sweet potato mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined. Drop by large spoonfuls onto rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
- For an extra sweet finishing touch, brush these yummy biscuits with warm maple syrup.
- Here's another delicious way to enjoy sweet potatoes -- try our Sweet Potato Fries!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!