Sweet Potato Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These crunchy biscuits are much more tasty and interesting than their white-flour counterparts. Serve Sweet Potato Biscuits with your turkey this Thanksgiving.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup mashed canned sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, mix sweet potatoes, milk, sugar, egg, and butter until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Using 2 knives, or a pastry cutter, cut shortening into flour mixture. Pour sweet potato mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Drop mixture by large spoonfuls onto rimmed baking sheets. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
For an extra sweet finishing touch, brush these yummy biscuits with warm maple syrup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!