Sweet Potato Biscuits
These crunchy biscuits are much more tasty and interesting than their white-flour counterparts. Serve Sweet Potato Biscuits with your turkey this Thanksgiving.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup mashed canned sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
cup vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, mix sweet potatoes, milk, sugar, egg, and butter until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Using 2 knives, or a pastry cutter, cut shortening into flour mixture. Pour sweet potato mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Drop mixture by large spoonfuls onto rimmed baking sheets. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
For an extra sweet finishing touch, brush these yummy biscuits with warm maple syrup.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 20 13