Tomato Cheese Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 13 Min
Ready to put on a show for your friends and family? They'll be amazed at the sophisticated spread you've laid out when you put out this simple, yet tasty, Tomato Cheese Bread. Better than any ordinary bread recipe, this one allows you to add a delicate touch of spices and flavorings for a plateful of yum.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) container soft cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread loaf
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler. In a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream cheese at HIGH 20 seconds. Stir in Parmesan cheese and next 4 ingredients.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread cream cheese mixture over cut sides of bread. Top with tomatoes. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Because they're a little less juicy but always pretty and yummy, plum tomatoes are the tomato of choice atop this cheesy French bread loaf. Consider using them whenever vine-ripe tomatoes are out of season. You'll get quality flavor and texture-even during the winter months.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!