Tomato and Basil Bread
What You'll Need:
cup warm water
cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm low-fat milk
cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 to 5.5 cups unbleached bread flour (we tested with King Arthur)
teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2
cups shredded Italian blend cheese
cup chopped basil
- 1 (8.5-ounce) jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, well drained and finely chopped
What To Do:
- Place warm water, sugar, and yeast in a small bowl. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add milk, oil, yeast mixture, eggs, and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, mix until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough of the flour to make a soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface or with a dough hook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a greased bowl; turn to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough; divide in half. Using a rolling pin, roll one piece into a 22 x 8-1/2-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with half the garlic powder, cheese, basil, and tomatoes. Starting with the longer side, roll up tightly, jelly-roll fashion. Pinch edges to seal. Place roll seam-side down on baking sheet. With kitchen shears, cut lengthwise down center of roll, about 1 inch deep, to within 1/2 inch of ends. Keeping seam-side down, form an “S” shape. Tuck both ends under center of “S” to form a connected “figure eight”; pinch ends to seal.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 45 to 60 minutes, until doubled in size. Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Bake first loaf in a preheated 350 degree F. oven 35 to 40 minutes. Tent loaf with foil after 15 to 20 minutes to prevent over-browning. Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack. Bake remaining loaf.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here it is, the ultimate weeknight dinner solution and one of our easiest baked pork chop recipes! This Pork Chop Casserole comes together in minutes and fills the house with an aroma that will bring your gang running to the table. It's hard to find the perfect pork chop casserole recipe that everyone in the house will agree to eat, but this pork chop and rice casserole is just that. Serve it with a side of broccoli or other veggies, and you've got yourself one tasty meal!