We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wine in tea biscuits? Our melt-in-your-mouth novel Wine Biscuits will add a touch of fancy to any of your entertaining. These easy-to-bake wine tea biscuits have a flavor that'll make you the toast of the town.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, wine, and granulated sugar until well blended. Add baking powder, salt, flour, and vanilla; mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough onto a floured board to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out the biscuits with a 2-inch cookie cutter. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes. Let biscuits cool 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Makes about 5 dozen biscuits.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.