Brown Sugar Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can't go wrong with this recipe for Brown Sugar Brownies. If you under-bake them, they're chewy. If you over-bake them, they're more cakey. Either way, these brownies without chocolate are worth celebrating.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat well an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream softened butter; add brown sugar and eggs. Mix thoroughly then add flour and baking powder; blend. Stir in vanilla and nuts then pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan then cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!