Chocolate Rum-Raisin Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These are a special occasion brownie, so why not make any day a special occasion?
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 (1 ounce each) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat, scraping mixture into a large bowl; set aside 10 minutes or until cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, and rum extract into chocolate mixture. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture until well blended. Fold in raisins.
- Spread batter evenly into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 16 two-inch squares and let cool completely.
If you prefer, you can substitute 2 tablespoons of dark rum for the 2 teaspoons of rum extract.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!