Christmas Tree Brownie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 15 Min
While you're trimming the tree this year, why not dig into an edible brownie tree? After all, who doesn't like brownies?
What You'll Need:
- 1 (21.5-ounce) package brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 2 to 3 drops green food color
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 cup M & M's
- 1 junior-sized candy bar, unwrapped
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges. Spray foil with cooking spray.Spread brownie batter evenly into pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool brownies completely then freeze 30 minutes.
- Using foil, lift brownies from pan and place on cutting board. To cut a tree shape from brownies, start at center of 1 short side, and make 2 diagonal cuts to corners of opposite short sides, forming a triangular piece in the center.
- In a medium bowl, combine frosting, food color, and mint extract; mix well. Place 2 brownie side pieces together on a large serving tray to form a tree shape. Spread 1/3 cup frosting over top of tree shape. Stack with the whole tree shape, trimming if necessary to line up edges.
- Frost sides and top of brownie tree with remaining frosting. Place candy pieces decoratively over top of tree. Place candy bar at base of brownie tree to form a tree trunk.
Make it holiday festive by lining your serving platter with colored decorating sugar to make your cake sparkle.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxon's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!