Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With our Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies, the marshmallows disappear during the baking and the brownies disappear right out of the oven - like magic!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons strong black coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt shortening and chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the sugar and chocolate mixture; beat for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; blend into chocolate mixture. Add coffee and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in marshmallows and walnuts.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool then cut into squares.
The marshmallows may melt and disappear during baking, but they leave their flavor behind.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.