Double Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Rich, chewy, and irresistible...
What You'll Need:
1 (18.25 ounce) box German or other chocolate cake mix
cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, melted
cup evaporated milk, divided
1 cup chopped pecans
2 (7 ounces each) packages chocolate-covered caramels
1 cup (six-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 dgreees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and pecans, stirring with a spoon until a dough forms.
- Press half dough (2 cups) into a greased and floured 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Bake 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with remaining 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips over warm dough. Spread melted caramels over chips, then cover top with remaining dough. Bake 20 minutes. Cool in refrigerator 30 minutes before cutting.
If you prefer, you can use plain caramels rather than chocolate-covered ones.
03 09 12