Speckled Blonde Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are many ways to show appreciation for the people in your life, and presenting them with homemade brownies is just one of them! Our Speckled Blonde Brownies are a deliciously decadent way to make someone feel special. Don't be fooled by their light color, 'cause these brownies are heavy-hitters, just like their chocolate counterparts!
What You'll Need:
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small microwaveable bowl, melt shortening; let cool slightly.
- Transfer cooled shortening to a large bowl; add light brown sugar, hot water, eggs, and vanilla; blend well. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine nuts and chocolate chips; reserve 1/2 cup of mixture and set aside. Stir the rest into batter, mixing evenly.
- Spread batter evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle top with the reserved chocolate chip mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- If you prefer, you can melt the shortening in a small saucepan on the stovetop, instead of in the microwave.
- You can substitute either butterscotch or peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips.
- Serve these with a nice cold glass of our Secret Ingredient Iced Tea!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.