Speckled Blonde Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 brownies
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Don't let the light color fool you. Our Speckled Blonde Brownies are heavy-hitters, just like their chocolate counterparts.
What You'll Need:
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (see Options)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt shortening in microwave in a small microwave-safe bowl (or on the stovetop in a small saucepan); let cool slightly.
- Transfer to a large bowl when cool; add the light brown sugar, hot water, eggs, and vanilla; blend well. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine nuts and chocolate chips; reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture and stir the rest into the batter, mixing evenly.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top with the reserved 1/2 cup chocolate chip mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Have fun with this and try substituting either butterscotch or peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips. Mmm...
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
BBQ sauce and smoked paprika are the key ingredients to making this chili recipe taste extra-smokin' good. Not only is our Smokin' BBQ Chili recipe flavor-packed and delicious, but it's made in just one pot, so it's extra-easy to clean up, too!