Amish Applesauce Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our classic Amish Applesauce Cake recipe is packed with old-fashioned goodness that only a from-scratch cake can deliver. Applesauce adds a tangy-sweet taste and moistness to this applesauce cake recipe that will take your taste buds to a Lancaster County farmhouse. Serve up this Amish cake recipe with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee. No matter what you pair it with, everyone will love this applesauce cake.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening with an electric beater on low speed. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; beat until well mixed. Add applesauce and vanilla; mix well then stir in the walnuts and pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- For a fancier treat, drizzle this applesauce cake recipe with a glaze that's made by mixing 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 to 2 teaspoons water. If you'd like to see how it's done, click here to watch our how-to video.
- For even more classic Amish dessert recipes, click here!
- This applesauce cake recipe will take you back to simpler times where a home-cooked meal was the ultimate prize at the end of a long day. We've got even more recipes like this in our FREE eCookbook full of easy Amish recipes! Check it out, along with all our other free eCookbooks.
- We use applesauce as an ingredient in our recipe for Bapple Bread too!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!