Apple Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, 1/4 cup butter, and the egg until well mixed and crumbly. Stir in apples, then spread batter into cake pan (mixture will be crumbly).
- In a small bowl, combine Topping ingredients; mix well and sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or allow to cool, then cover until ready to serve.
- Fresh apples are available year-round, but if you don't have any on hand you can always use canned apples. Just be sure to drain them well and cut them into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Love apple recipes? Try our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples for an extra special treat!
- When it comes to coffee cakes, we've got plenty! Check out our collection of 10 Coffee Cake Recipes You'll Celebrate.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.