Apple Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Celebrate apple season with a homestyle Apple Coffee Cake that simply shouts comfort! Imagine taking this one warm out of your oven and serving it with a scoop of ice cream! Talk about an autumn treat!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, butter and egg until well mixed and crumbly. Stir in apples, then spread batter into prepared cake pan (mixture will be crumbly).
- In a small bowl, combine Topping ingredients; mix well and sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or allow to cool then cover until ready to serve.
- We like to serve this warm, topped with a scoop of ice cream and some additional pecans sprinkled over the top.
- In keeping with the time of the year, why not try our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples for an extra special treat!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.