Chocolate Citrus Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's a splash of citrus flavor in every bite of our colorful and decadent Chocolate Citrus Cake. It starts with a store-bought cake mix that we fancy up with a few simple drops of orange extract and food coloring, to make it bakery fancy.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.5-ounce) box chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) container white frosting, divided
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 drops red food color
- 4 drops yellow food color
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter into pans and bake 28 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Invert one cake onto a serving platter and spread with white frosting. Place second cake right side up onto frosting.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining white frosting, orange extract and red and yellow food colors until frosting is orange. Frost top and sides of cake.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!
- Spring Fling Layered Cake
- The Ultimate Hummingbird Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 15 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- The Best Carrot Cake Ever
- Coconut Layer Cake
- Lemon Pudding Cake
- 27 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Buttercream Frosting
- Triple Chocolate Cake
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes