Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cakes
Add novelty to your wedding or any special occasion with this towering pyramid built from miniature chocolate cakes. With chocolate Mexican wedding cakes, thereâ€™s no need to take a trip south of the border to celebrate with flair!
What You'll Need:
cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
cup packed brown sugar
3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
Confectioners' sugar for coating
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar, and beat with an electric beater on medium speed, scraping bowl often, until light and fluffy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (another 1 to 2 minutes). Reduce speed to low and add all remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until batter is well mixed and smooth (another 1 to 2 minutes).
- Shape by rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets; bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Cool 5 minutes oncookie sheets. Carefully remove balls from cookie sheet and cool an additional 5 minutes.
- Roll balls in confectioners' sugar while still warm, and again when cool.
These bite-sized cakes are a chocolate version of traditional Mexican wedding cakes. For a fancy display, they're often mounded in a pyramid.
03 10 13