Christmas Crunch Cake
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
Your holiday gathering will be extra special and extra easy, when you start with a store-bought cake and fancy it up with your own homemade frosting and garnishes. Our Christmas Crunch Cake will do you proud!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4
cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) container or 1 cup finely chopped red candied cherries
- 1 Louisiana or other ring crunch cake
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
cup halved red candied cherries, for garnish
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese until well blended, then fold in chocolate chips and chopped cherries. Chill mixture overnight, so it achieves the proper firm spreading consistency.
- The next day, carefully cut cake horizontally, making three layers. Set bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread 1/3 of chilled mixture on top of bottom layer, then add next cake layer and repeat until top of cake is covered but sides are not.
- Spread whipped topping on sides of cake so that it meets filling on top of cake. Garnish by placing cherry halves around cake edge.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
12 22 13