Christmas Crunch Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 20 Min
Your holiday gathering will be extra special and extra easy, when you start with a store-bought cake and fancy it up with your own homemade frosting and garnishes. Our Christmas Crunch Cake will do you proud!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) container or 1 cup finely chopped red candied cherries
- 1 Louisiana or other ring crunch cake
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup halved red candied cherries, for garnish
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese until well blended, then fold in chocolate chips and chopped cherries. Chill mixture overnight, so it achieves the proper firm spreading consistency.
- The next day, carefully cut cake horizontally, making three layers. Set bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread 1/3 of chilled mixture on top of bottom layer, then add next cake layer and repeat until top of cake is covered but sides are not.
- Spread whipped topping on sides of cake so that it meets filling on top of cake. Garnish by placing cherry halves around cake edge.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.