Coffee Can Cake
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Coffee Can Cake is what we call a real "coffee" cake. It sure will perk up lots of interest at your next party.
What You'll Need:
1 cup water
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon baking soda
cup (½ stick) butter
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
cup chopped walnuts
2 (16-ounce) clean metal coffee cans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat inside of coffee cans with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, coffee, raisins, and baking soda. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add vanilla, egg, and cinnamon. Alternately stir in flour and cooled raisin mixture, mixing well. Fold in nuts. Evenly distribute batter betwen the 2 prepared coffee cans.
- Place both cans on a baking sheet and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes then remove cake from cans by opening bottoms with a can opener and pushing them out the top of the cans. Slice and serve.
- You could also bake this cake using 2 loaf pans.
- Since this recipe makes two cakes, why not have one now and freeze the other one right in the can with the plastic coffee can lid on top? Then you're ready for the coffee klatch.
11 11 14