Cranberry Upside Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you serve your Cranberry Upside Down Cake as a rise-and-shine breakfast or a dessert, it's sure to bring you raves. With its wholesome ingredients like cranberries, pecans and canola oil, you can't miss!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola margarine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and line with wax paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and margarine. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Pour brown sugar mixture into baking dish; sprinkle with cranberries and pecans.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and granulated sugar, and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time then stir in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Pour batter over cranberry nut mixture and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a large serving platter, and slowly remove wax paper. Let cake cool before serving.
Recipe courtesy of "Canola Gourmet Cookbook"
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!