Cupid's Chocolate Cake
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
What You'll Need:
1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
cup confectioners' sugar
cup seedless strawberry jam
2 drops red food color
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
20 large strawberries
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish and bake according to package directions, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, strawberry jam, and red food color until well mixed. Fold in whipped topping until thoroughly combined.
- Frost top of cooled cake, cover, and refrigerate.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Dip strawberries half way in chocolate and place on wax paper-lined platter to let chocolate harden. When ready to serve, cut cake into squares and top each with a strawberry.
Looking for some other sweet options? How about our Peppermint Swirl Cheesecake or our Red Velvet Cake?
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 10 13