Cupid's Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
Don't wait for Valentine's Day to impress those you love with your Cupid's Chocolate Cake. Yes, it's perfect for scoring a bulls-eye to their hearts, but love can be in the air anytime, and this one will always deliver a heavenly result.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 drops red food color
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 20 large strawberries
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish and bake according to package directions, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, strawberry jam, and red food color until well mixed. Fold in whipped topping until thoroughly combined.
- Frost top of cooled cake, cover, and refrigerate.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Dip strawberries half way in chocolate and place on wax paper-lined platter to let chocolate harden. When ready to serve, cut cake into squares and top each with a strawberry.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Clear the deck sailors! Our recipe for Avocado Breakfast Boats is so good it'll blow your taste buds right out of the water! Just imagine a fresh avocado and tomato salsa mixed together and served over fluffy, scrambled eggs right in the avocado "boats"...it's a breakfast delight!