Hokey Pokey Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 35 Min
Put your spoon in, take your spoon out, fill the cake with pudding, and serve it all about! Hokey Pokey Cake is fun and sure to create smiles all around.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 2 (4-serving) packages instant pistachio pudding and pie filling
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 1/2 cups milk
What To Do:
- Bake cake batter according to package directions for a 9- x 13-inch cake. Remove cake from oven and while still warm, poke holes throughout cake at 1-inch intervals with the handle of a wooden spoon; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, mix pudding mix, sugar, and milk until thoroughly combined. (Mixture should be loose; do not over beat.) Before mixture thickens, pour half evenly over warm cake, making sure it falls into holes.
- Chill remaining pudding about 10 minutes, allowing it to thicken slightly, then spoon over top of cake. Chill at least 2 hours then serve, or cover until ready to serve.
Although Hokey Pokey Cake can be made with a variety of different-flavored cake and pudding mixes, the chocolate-pistachio version not only tastes great, but looks great, too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.
- Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
- Caramel Pecan Poke Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Fudgy Pistachio Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Cold Fudge Cake
- 33 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Cake
- Apple-Filled Pound Cake