We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This 1950's-style cake has got it all. Hummingbird Cake is nutty, cinnamony, and loaded with fruit! Grab your bundt pans, and get in the kitchen! Company's coming over, and this cake is sure to woo every last one of them.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-serving-size) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained with juice reserved
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, cut up
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1/3 cup prepared cream cheese frosting
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, the oil, pineapple, eggs, and cinnamon. Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to make 1 cup; add it to the bowl then beat with an electric mixer until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Stir in banana, pecans, and cherries; mix well then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan 20 to 25 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Let cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat cream cheese frosting 10 to 15 seconds. Stir until smooth and pourable then drizzle over cooled cake before slicing.
If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.
- Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
- Caramel Pecan Poke Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Fudgy Pistachio Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Cold Fudge Cake
- 33 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Cake
- Apple-Filled Pound Cake