Lemon Meringue Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love Lemon Meringue Pie, then this recipe is sure to "take the cake!" Yes, we put a yummy meringue topping on a lemon sheet cake, sure to surprise everyone when you divvy up slices of your homemade Lemon Meringue Cake.
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package lemon cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Stir lemon peel into cake batter then pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of comes comes out clean.
In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form. Spoon mixture over cake, spreading to completely cover cake. Form lots of peaks and valleys with a spatula to create a tempting-looking meringue.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Let cool, then slice and serve.
This can also be made as two 9-inch round cakes. Just pour the batter into two cake pans then spread the top of each with the egg-white mixture.
- We really do love our lemony desserts, so we'd also like you to try our Sunny Lemon Squares.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.