Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This cake is just another reason why we love lemon! This Lemon Poppy Seed Cake is everything we look for in a great cake recipe- easy and D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!
What You'll Need:
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg and next 4 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8-inch-square pan.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Combine lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar. Spoon over warm cake.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!