Mexican Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a kick to chocolate cake by making our recipe for Mexican Chocolate Cake. You use a boxed cake mix and add cinnamon and red pepper for the perfect sweet and spicy combo.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup water
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
Stir cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and balsamic vinegar into prepared cake batter, then pour into prepared Bundt pan.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool 15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and water until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake and let sit until firm.
- Try our Quick Tres Leches for another Mexican-inspired dessert!
- If you'd like to add another flavor to your cake glaze, check out our how-to video featuring some easy tips and tricks on making glaze!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.