Million Dollar Pound Cake
This incredible pound cake is one in a million. That's why we call it our Million Dollar Pound Cake! Made from a few basic ingredients you probably always have on hand, this pound cake recipe surely takes the cake!
1 hr 40 min
What You'll Need:
1 pound butter, softened
3 cups sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes about 1/2 cup
cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition. Mix in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled Million Dollar Pound Cake, or almost any cool or room temperature cake or cookies.
This is a nice, moist cake, so it’s great served as is but it can also be topped with our quick Orange Glaze or anything from fresh fruit, whipped cream to ice cream. And a steamy mug of our Italian coffee would compliment this beautifully!
This recipe is from Mr. Food T.V. Favorites. For more information about this book and other recipes like this, click here.
11 28 12