Peach Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Wanna show them some real Southern hospitality? The next time friends come over for dessert, serve some Peach Coffee Cake with a tall glass of refreshing iced tea.
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (2 sticks) butter, softened and divided
- 3 eggs
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21-ounce) container peach pie filling
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1-1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup butter until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add 3 cups flour, the baking powder, and vanilla; beat well.
Spread half the batter into prepared baking pan. Spoon pie filling evenly over cake batter, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over pie filling. Using a wet knife, carefully spread batter over pie filling, covering filling completely.
In a small bowl, combine remaining sugar, flour, and butter, the pecans, and nutmeg, until well mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over top of cake.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool then cut and serve, or cover until ready to serve.
Of course, you can serve this at room temperature, or maybe heat it for a few seconds in the microwave or a few minutes in the oven just before serving.
If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
- We've got more peach dessert favorites you'll love in our collection of Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!