Pineapple Upside Down Cake
This classic recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake uses the easy shortcut of a cake mix. And why not? With this recipe, we get the scrumptious "from scratch" taste we want without missing a beat in our busy lifestyles!
Makes: 2 cakes, 6 to 8 servings each
What You'll Need:
cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
10 maraschino cherries
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 cup water
cup vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans and pour butter evenly over sugar.
- In each pan, arrange pineapple slices in a single layer over sugar and place a cherry in center of each slice.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat until well combined.
- Evenly divide batter between the two pans and bake 30 to 33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of each comes out clean. Let cakes stand 5 minutes.
- Loosen gently with a knife and invert onto 2 platters. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
03 06 13