Pineapple Upside Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 cakes, 6 to 8 servings each
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
This classic recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake uses the easy shortcut of a cake mix. And why not? With this recipe, we get the scrumptious "from scratch" taste we want without missing a beat in our busy lifestyles!
What You'll Need:
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans and pour butter evenly over sugar.
- In each pan, arrange pineapple slices in a single layer over sugar and place a cherry in center of each slice.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat until well combined.
- Evenly divide batter between the two pans and bake 30 to 33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of each comes out clean. Let cakes stand 5 minutes.
- Loosen gently with a knife and invert onto 2 platters. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
We love using cake mix to put together fancy-looking, great-tasting, cakes like this Pineapple Upside Down Cake. For even more cake mix recipes click here!
Plus, if you loved this upside-down cake, don't forget to check out our peach version!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a hard time deciding which Halloween candies you want to eat first, then you're going to love this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark. We took some tips from Dr. Frankenstein and created a bark made from an assortment of your favorite candy. The results are "monstrously" good!