Pumpkin Spice Roll
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
Our Test Kitchen shares the easy secret to rolling up a sheet cake jelly-roll style into this yummy Pumpkin Spice Roll. The creamy filling swirls contrasted with the pumpkin-colored cake make for an eye-catching autumn dessert!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in pumpkin and eggs. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and invert onto a clean kitchen towel that has been sprinkled with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. While cake is still hot, roll it up in the towel jelly roll-style from the narrow end; cool on a wire rack. When cool, unroll cake and remove towel.
- In a small bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and remaining confectioners' sugar. Spread onto cooled cake and immediately re-roll (without towel). Place on serving platter and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into slices just before serving.
To give this the final touch, sprinkle on some confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
Our Pumpkin Spice Roll is featured in our brand new, mouth-watering dessert cookbook; Sinful Sweets and Tasty Treats. To pick up your own copy, click here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.