Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Min
- COOK TIME
- 16 Min
- READY IN
- 24 Min
If you're like me, you probably though there was no way to bake a cake - especially such an awesome-looking one - in a microwave oven.
What You'll Need:
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple rings, drained
- 7 to 10 maraschino cherries
- package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
What To Do:
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bottom of a microwave-safe 10-inch round cake pan or 9- x 13-inch baking dish; dot with the butter. Cook in the microwave at 100 percent power for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir to distribute the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan, then arrange pineapple rings in a single layer over the bottom of the pan; place a cherry in each ring.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs. Beat until well mixed. Spoon the batter into the pan and microwave at 70 percent power for 14 to 16 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let the cake stand for 5 minutes. Loosen gently with a knife and invert onto a platter. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
Did you know that the microwave can help soften that brown sugar that has become hard as a brick? Just put the sugar in a microwave-safe bowl and add a slice of apple or white bread. Cover, and microwave on high for 30 to 40 seconds. Let stand for 30 seconds, remove the apple or bread and stir.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.