Seven Layer Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 25 Min
Did you look at this title and think, "No way am I going to the trouble of making a cake with seven layers!"? Well, stay with is while we explain that you use a prepared pound cake. Now what do you think? Believe us, it's worth a shot!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 13- to 16-ounce frozen pound cake
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
What To Do:
In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter and chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and add confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring thoroughly after each addition.
With a serrated knife, carefully slice frozen cake into 7 horizontal slices.
Reserve 1/2 cup of chocolate sauce for frosting sides of cake. Place bottom slice on a platter and spread 2 tablespoons of remaining sauce over slice. Place second slice over first, and spread with 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce. Repeat with remaining layers and sauce.
- Spread sides with reserved sauce and evenly sprinkle top with nuts. Refrigerate 1 hour. Slice and serve.
If you want, go all chocolate and use a frozen chocolate pound cake.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- The Ultimate Dirt Cake
- Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 15 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Fantasy
- 27 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- The Ultimate Hummingbird Cake
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Spring Fling Layered Cake