Sour Cream Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Coffee cake never goes out of style. Our easy recipe for Sour Cream Coffee Cake, that's sprinkled with cinnamon and nuts, is the perfect excuse to eat cake for breakfast or really any time at all. This sour cream coffee cake recipe is a traditional breakfast recipe that's truly addictive. We can't decide whether we like the sweet cinnamon topping or the fluffy cake center better!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, sour cream, water, and eggs until well combined. Spread half the batter in prepared baking dish, sprinkle with half the nut mixture, then repeat layers.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly then cut into squares and serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
- This can also be made in two 9-inch round cake pans so there's one cake to enjoy now and one to freeze for enjoying later.
- Plus, if you enjoyed this easy sour cream coffee cake recipe, make sure to check out more of our favorite sweets in our free eCookbook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a pasta dish that doesn't need a beacon to attract attention. Our Lighthouse Tortellini Salad is fresh, easy, and perfect for warm weather picnics by the sea (or lake!). We just love how all the ingredients come together to make it taste so creamy and flavorful.
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Cold Fudge Cake
- Peach Upside-Down Cake
- Hawaiian Poke Cake
- Lemon Sheet Cake
- Sky High German Chocolate Cake
- Old Fashioned Southern Chocolate Cake
- Strawberry-Chocolate Dump Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More