Strawberry Sweetheart Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your sweetheart is gonna love you for making Strawberry Sweetheart Cake for Valentine's Day or any day you want him or her to know how much you care.
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup heart-shaped sprinkles, divided (see Note)
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions (see Note)
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
What To Do:
- Preheat oven according to cake mix package directions. Stir 1/4 cup sprinkles into cake batter; pour equal amounts into one 8-inch square pan and one 8-inch round pan.
- Bake cakes according to package directions. Let cool slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place square cake toward bottom of a large platter, positioned like a diamond. Cut round cake in half and place halves on platter with flat sides flush to the top right and left sides of the “diamond,” creating a heart-shaped cake.
- Frost top and sides of cake with whipped topping. Place strawberries stem-end down in whipped topping, outlining the edge of the cake. Sprinkle remaining sprinkles in center of strawberries. Serve, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
- If you can't find heart-shaped sprinkles, any kind will do — try to find something festive, like red and white or pink.
- Almost any cake mix flavor can be used, including strawberry.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!