Texas Sheet Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They say "everything in Texas is bigger than life," and that goes for our easy recipe for Texas Sheet Cake! This crowd-sized sheet cake will delight chocolate lovers, and definitely take the cake!
What You'll Need:
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine 2 sticks butter, water, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder; cook until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl to cool. Add flour, granulated sugar, eggs, sour cream, baking soda and salt; beat until well combined then pour into a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean; set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, make frosting by melting the 1/4 cup butter with milk and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Frost cooled cake.
- If you want to fancy this up a bit, sprinkle with broken-up pieces of your favorite chocolate candy bar or Texas-sized whole shelled walnuts!
- Not feeling this chocolate version? Don't worry—we've got a white cake version too with our White Texas Sheet Cake.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Clear the deck sailors! Our recipe for Avocado Breakfast Boats is so good it'll blow your taste buds right out of the water! Just imagine a fresh avocado and tomato salsa mixed together and served over fluffy, scrambled eggs right in the avocado "boats"...it's a breakfast delight!