Texas Sheet Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They say "everything in Texas is bigger than life," and that goes for our easy recipe for Texas Sheet Cake! This crowd-sized sheet cake will delight chocolate lovers, and definitely take the cake!
What You'll Need:
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 sticks butter, water, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder; cook over low heat until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and pour into a large heat-resistant bowl to cool. Add flour, granulated sugar, eggs, sour cream, baking soda and salt; beat until well combined then pour into a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean; set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, make frosting by melting the 1/4 cup butter with milk and the remaining cocoa powder over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; mix well then frost cooled cake.
If you want to fancy this up a bit, sprinkle the frosting with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, broken-up pieces of your favorite chocolate candy bar, or Texas-sized whole shelled walnuts!
And if you're feeding a crowd, you may also want to bake up a batch of our popular Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
- Not feeling this chocolate version? Don't worry—we've got a white cake version too with our White Texas Sheet Cake.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!
- Spring Fling Layered Cake
- The Ultimate Hummingbird Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 15 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- The Best Carrot Cake Ever
- Coconut Layer Cake
- Lemon Pudding Cake
- 27 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Triple Chocolate Cake
- Buttercream Frosting
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes