The Best Carrot Cake Ever
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Not only is The Best Carrot Cake Ever super easy to throw together in minutes, but it's truly the all-time best carrot cake you'll ever have. And the cream cheese frosting is absolutely amazing!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups grated carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray; lightly flour the pans.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, combine granulated sugar, oil, eggs, baking soda, flour, cinnamon, salt, coconut, carrots, and walnuts, beating 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until a smooth, thick batter forms. DO NOT OVER-MIX! Pour batter evenly into prepared cake pans.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and the tops are golden. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, make frosting by combining cream cheese and butter; mix well. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, continuing to mix until well combined.
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter and frost top of cake. Place second layer on top of frosted layer. Frost top and sides of entire cake. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- If you love the look and taste of layer cakes as much as we do, try our Millionaire's Cake -- your gang will love it!
- Want more homemade cake recipes like our Best Carrot Cake Ever? Then you've gotta check out our free eCookbook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Make Year-Round.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.