The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
Are you ready for a cake recipe that will trump any other cake you ever make again? The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake has that heavenly, chocolate-y goodness you love with a melt-in-your-mouth sweetness you won't be able to resist.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2
cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups shredded coconut
cup canned chocolate frosting
What To Do:
- Bake cake according to package directions for 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Let cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla. Cook about 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Place one cooled cake layer flat side down on a serving platter. Spread half the coconut mixture on top. Top with second cake layer and remaining coconut mixture.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave frosting 10 to 15 seconds, or until slightly thin. Drizzle over top and sides of cake. Store cake in refrigerator.
Garnish with a few pecan halves.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 27 14