The Ultimate Hummingbird Cake
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-serving-size) package vanilla instant pudding mix
cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) jar red maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped, with 1 tablespoon reserved for garnish
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, with 2 tablespoons reserved for garnish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (8-inch) round baking pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, oil, water, eggs, banana, and cinnamon. Beat with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely. When cool, slice cakes horizontally in half, making 4 layers.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping, cherries, pineapple, and pecans.
- Place 1 cake layer on platter and evenly spread one-quarter of cream cheese mixture on top. Repeat with remaining cake layers and finish with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with reserved cherries and pecans.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
10 24 13
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sip on our Best Strawberry Daiquiris, close your eyes, and imagine yourself cruising the Caribbean aboard a fabulous ship without a care in the world -- it's kinda like magic!