Toasted Angel Food Cake with Honey Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 9 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 24 Min
Toasted angel food cake? Yes, you read that right. And believe us, it's incredible! This out-of-the-box angel food cake recipe is one of our favorites because it makes for the perfect light dessert. And when you pair this sweet treat with a cup of your favorite tea, you've got a real winner on your hands.
What You'll Need:
- 4 (2-inch-thick) slices angel food cake
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Fresh blueberries
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange slices of angel food cake on a baking sheet, and brush tops with melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Beat whipping cream in a small bowl at medium-high speed of an electric beater until foamy (see note); add honey and sour cream, beating until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, top warm cake slices with honey cream and berries.
When beating whipping cream, make sure you start out with cold cream. Before you begin, place your mixing bowl and the beaters in the freezer for about 15 minutes. The colder the cream, the less likely it is to be overbeaten, to separate, and to turn to butter.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Spruce up your hot dogs with a savory topping that's really yummy and comes together in no time. Our Old Time Hot Dog Sauce is beefy, flavorful, and all-American. It's just what your hot dogs need to take them from ordinary to extraordinary!