Tutti Frutti Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a great dessert for your barbecue? Look no further than our grilled Tutti Frutti Shortcake. It's a marriage made in heaven of pound cake and fruit cocktail, and a grilled dessert your gang will love.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) can fruit cocktail, undrained (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 (16-ounce) pound cake, cut into 1-inch slices
What To Do:
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a disposable 8-inch square aluminum pan, combine fruit cocktail (with its juice), brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Place fruit mixture in aluminum pan on grill and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- When hot, add cornstarch mixture and stir for 5 to 7 minutes, until it starts to bubble and thicken slightly.
- Place pound cake slices on grill to warm, if desired (about 2 minutes per side). Remove cake to a serving platter and spoon fruit mixture onto cake slices.
No fruit cocktail on hand? Go ahead and use a 16-ounce can of peaches or pears instead.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We pan fry our cauliflower in a seasoned mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to give it a rich and nutty taste that makes this veggie irresistible. Serve your family our Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower, and you'll be surprised at how fast they'll eat eat it up!