White Chocolate Mousse Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our White Chocolate Mousse Cake is simply irresistible. Trust us, we know from experience. You can give this cake a festive touch for the holidays but you certainly don't need a special occasion to make this heavenly dessert!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (11-ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 2 (11-ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (10-ounce) jar red maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- 1 (6-ounce) jar green maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- 16 stemmed red maraschino cherries, well drained
What To Do:
In a medium bowl, combine crushed vanilla wafers and butter; mix well. Press into a 10-inch springform pan, covering bottom and sides to form a crust; chill.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine egg yolks and whole eggs; beat well and set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt white chocolate chips 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add egg mixture and quickly whisk until well blended. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into slightly cooled white chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir in chopped red and green cherries and spoon into prepared crust. Place stemmed cherries around edge of cake.
Cover and freeze overnight, or until firm.
We know what you're thinking about the eggs. Don't worry, combining them with the hot, melted white chocolate will make the eggs safe to eat.
The texture of this cake will be soft.
- For more holiday dessert recipes, get our free holiday e-cookbook just in time for Christmas!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Okay, so you won't find any lettuce in this BLT Macaroni Salad, but we have put in extra-green and flavorful baby spinach. We think it gives this macaroni salad recipe a tasty new twist! Serve it to your gang and see how much they'll love it!