White Texas Sheet Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Vanilla rules big-time in our recipe for White Texas Sheet Cake! This moist and melt-in-your-mouth sweet cake is perfect for feeding a crowd!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring 1 cup butter and water to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in flour, granulated sugar, eggs, sour cream, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and baking soda until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 stick butter with the milk. Pour into a medium bowl and stir in confectioners' sugar and almond extract; mix well until smooth. Frost cooled cake and top with sliced almonds.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
BBQ sauce and smoked paprika are the key ingredients to making this chili recipe taste extra-smokin' good. Not only is our Smokin' BBQ Chili recipe flavor-packed and delicious, but it's made in just one pot, so it's extra-easy to clean up, too!