Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It seems like someone brings buckeyes to every cookie exchange party. What are buckeye candies? They have a smooth peanut butter filling and are coated with rich semisweet chocolate. This is such an easy chocolate recipe, it's no wonder they're so popular!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cake paraffin wax (see Note)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter; mix until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Form mixture into 1-inch balls, place on a waxed paper-lined rimmed baking sheet, and chill for 1 hour.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, or in a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and paraffin wax, stirring until smooth. Stick a toothpick in the center of each peanut butter ball and dip each three-quarters of the way into the chocolate mixture, coating all sides except the top quarter. Place on the prepared baking sheet and remove toothpick. Using your finger, fill in the hole left by the toothpick.
- After dipping all the peanut butter balls, cover, and chill, or freeze until ready to serve.
Makes about 5 dozen treats.
- Cake paraffin wax is commonly used in chocolate to assist in the process of melting and keep it solid at room temperature. You should be able to find paraffin wax at your grocery store in the aisle where canning supplies and jars are sold. You may also find it in the aisle where baking supplies are sold.
- Everyones loves food, so if you like spreading love with "foodie gifts" then check out these easy recipes that will make anyone smile. We even have a whole collection of gifts in a jar!
- Making homemade candy recipes is fun and exciting, and while you're baking you might need to know How to Melt Chocolate.
|Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.|
Want to make even more easy candy like this buckeye recipe? Then you'll love our free eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Homemade Cracker Candy
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 10 Homemade Fudge Recipes
- Tiger Butter
- Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts
- Sea Salt Cashew Turtles
- Turtle Fudge
- No-Bake Oatmeal Drops