It seems like someone brings buckeyes to every cookie exchange party. What are buckeye cookies? They have a smooth peanut butter filling and are coated with rich semisweet chocolate. This is such an easy chocolate recipe, it's no wonder they're so popular!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2
pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
cake paraffin wax (see Note)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter; mix until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Form mixture into 1-inch balls, place on a waxed paper-lined rimmed baking sheet, and chill for 1 hour.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, or in a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and paraffin wax, stirring until smooth. Stick a toothpick in the center of each peanut butter ball and dip each three-quarters of the way into the chocolate mixture, coating all sides except the top quarter. Place on the prepared baking sheet and remove toothpick. Using your finger, fill in the hole left by the toothpick.
- After dipping all the peanut butter balls, cover, and chill, or freeze until ready to serve.
Makes about 5 dozen treats.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
12 28 13
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sip on our Best Strawberry Daiquiris, close your eyes, and imagine yourself cruising the Caribbean aboard a fabulous ship without a care in the world -- it's kinda like magic!