Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sure, anybody can pick up a box of Cherry Cordials as a last-minute gift, but why would you when making them on your own is so easy, and much more special? Place this fancy Christmas candy on a pretty plate and get ready to soak up the compliments!
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup (stick) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (10 ounces) jar stemmed maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 (11 ounces) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, and milk; mix until stiff dough forms. Shape dough evenly around each cherry and place on baking sheet. Freeze 15 minutes, or until firm.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat until smooth. Remove coated cherries from freezer and dip each into the chocolate mixture, coating completely.
- Return to baking sheet and chill for 1 hour, or until chocolate is firm. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
These can also be covered in white or semisweet chocolate and, for an added touch, after dipping them in chocolate, drizzle them with a different color chocolate.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Save the scrambling for the eggs 'cause this easy breakfast recipe comes together in just about a minute! Our scrumptious Breakfast Bowl Scramble is a super simple microwave recipe that's packed with protein, to help keep you sharp all morning long!
- To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 10 Homemade Fudge Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Fudge
- Fast Chocolate Pecan Fudge
- Fudge Balls
- Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts
- Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More
- Homemade Cracker Candy
- White Chocolate Fudge
- Potato Chip Fudge
- Turtle Fudge