Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Chocolate- and Peppermint-Coated Pretzels
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 80 pieces (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr
The slow cooker is ideal for candy making. It keeps chocolate at a constant temperature, so no reheating is necessary to get an even coating. Our Chocolate-and Peppermint-Coated Pretzels will turn you into an expert candy maker in no time!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package pretzel nuggets
- 2 (16-ounce) packages chocolate-flavored bark candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (4-ounce) square semisweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) package hard peppermint candies, finely crushed and divided (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
What To Do:
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 2 hours. Stir chocolate mixture; add 1 cup crushed peppermint candies and peppermint extract, stirring well to coat.
- Drop pretzel mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies evenly on pieces before they set. Let stand until firm. Store in an airtight container.
The red and white stripes in the peppermint candy remind us of candy canes, which is why we love making this easy candy recipe for Christmas! For even more Christmas candy recipes check out our free eCookbook, Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!
- Homemade Cracker Candy
- Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More
- Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts
- To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 10 Homemade Fudge Recipes
- Tiger Butter
- Coconut Joys
- Holly Fudge
- Fast Chocolate Pecan Fudge