Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Chocolate Almond Bark
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 pound
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 2 Min
Chocolate Almond Bark is a classic sweet snack that is so simple to make. Make a pan of almond bark, break it up, wrap it in colorful plastic wrap and tie it with ribbon for a great anytime gift.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) white baking chips
What To Do:
In a medium microwaveable bowl, microwave milk chocolate chips with shortening on high power 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in almonds.
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Pour in mixture.
Place white baking chips in a heavy-duty resealable plastic storage bag and microwave on high power about 45 seconds, or until chips are melted. Knead chips until smooth. Snip a tiny bit off a corner of the bag and drizzle white chocolate over milk chocolate in pan. Using a knife, swirl white chocolate through milk chocolate.
- Chill about 1 hour, or until set. Remove foil, gently place almond bark on a cutting board, and cut into pieces with a knife.
To toast the almonds, place them on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 3 to 5 minutes, or just until golden. Watch them carefully to avoid burning.
- This makes a sweet gift, and so do our Cherry Cordials!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says pie has to be served on a plate? Try this whimsical way and get ready for all sorts of praise! Our Key Lime Pie in a Jar is citrusy, creamy, and downright delicious You might want to make a bunch of 'em 'cause they're super portable, practical, and perfect for setting out at parties.
- Melt Away Peanut Butter Fudge
- Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More
- Coconut Joys
- Sea Salt Cashew Turtles
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 12 Homemade Fudge Recipes
- Lemon-Blackberry Cream Puffs
- Butter Pecan Fudge
- Fast Chocolate Pecan Fudge
- Microwave Peanut Toffee