Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Chocolate Cherry Truffles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 30 truffles
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
J.M. Hirsch, author of the cookbook "High Flavor, Low Labor," shares his sinfully rich, incredibly easy Chocolate Cherry Truffles recipe with Mr. Food and his viewers. Yes, you can make your own homemade truffles and impress your gang anytime.
What You'll Need:
- 14 ounces dark chocolate, broken into small pieces OR 2-1/3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
What To Do:
In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate and heavy cream over medium heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Stir in cherries, vinegar, and salt; mix well.
Pour chocolate mixture into an 8” x 8” baking pan and refrigerate about 2 hours, or until set.
Place cocoa powder in a bowl. Using a melon baller or sturdy measuring spoon, scoop 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture. Roll into a smooth ball between your palms; chocolate will be messy. Place in cocoa powder and roll ball until evenly coated; repeat until all chocolate mixture is used. Refrigerate truffles until ready to serve.
Adapted from “High Flavor, Low Labor” cookbook by J.M. Hirsch. Used with permission.
- Want even more easy candy recipes? Then you'll love our free eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
BBQ sauce and smoked paprika are the key ingredients to making this chili recipe taste extra-smokin' good. Not only is our Smokin' BBQ Chili recipe flavor-packed and delicious, but it's made in just one pot, so it's extra-easy to clean up, too!
- Cowboy Bark
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle
- Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts
- Fast Chocolate Pecan Fudge
- Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More
- To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 10 Homemade Fudge Recipes
- Turtle Fudge
- Reindeer Fudge
- No-Bake Oatmeal Drops
- Potato Chip Fudge