- 3 dozen
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Everyone knows that fudge is traditionally made with chocolate, right? But one bite of this fudge and you'll forget tradition. It's rich and creamy, and the red and green candied cherries add that little Christmas touch we're always looking for. Better make two batches, though, 'cause once the gang gets a hold of it, they'll surely eat the whole pan and then there won't be any left for gift-giving!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
cup (1 stick) butter
cup heavy cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup red and green candied cherries, chopped
What To Do:
- Coat 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large saucepan, bring granulated sugar, butter, heavy cream, and salt to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Allow to boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and slowly add confectioners' sugar and vanilla, stirring until smooth and well combined. Stir in cherries until evenly distributed.
- Spoon into baking dish and chill 1 hour, or until firm. Cut into squares and serve, or store in an airtight container.
If you prefer, leave out the candied cherries and you'll have a great vanilla fudge.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
12 19 13