Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Microwave Pecan Brittle
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Life's short; eat dessert first! Well, if you're having this microwave pecan brittle or dessert, you'll be so excited to dig in that you won't be able to wait for dessert time.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan or nut pieces
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
What To Do:
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring well. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and microwave at HIGH setting 4 minutes.
- Add pecans, stirring well. Microwave at HIGH setting 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in butter and vanilla; microwave at HIGH setting 1 minute. Stir in baking soda until foamy.
- Immediately pour mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet; let cool on baking sheet on a wire rack. Break into pieces; store in an airtight container.
For testing this recipe, I used a 700-watt microwave. This brittle recipe works well with your favorite nut-try peanuts, cashews, walnuts, or even exotic macadamias for your own special recipe!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!