Amish Ham and Cheese Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Amish recipes are all the rage, probably because of their huge comfort factor. Our easy version of this classic country Amish Ham and Cheese Casserole takes advantage of some supermarket shortcuts. Same great taste, but a bit less work for us.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pound pasteurized prepared cheese, cut into cubes (like Velveeta)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans whole potatoes, drained and quartered
- 4 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Add milk and cheese, and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients; pour into casserole dish.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Okay, so you won't find any lettuce in this BLT Macaroni Salad, but we have put in extra-green and flavorful baby spinach. We think it gives this macaroni salad recipe a tasty new twist! Serve it to your gang and see how much they'll love it!