Chicken Cobbler Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Convenience items like frozen mixed vegetables and refrigerated biscuits make this homestyle Chicken Cobbler Bake come together in a snap!
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10-12 biscuits)
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; mix well. Add chicken chunks and toss until well coated.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken chunks, reserving flour mixture. Saute 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is slightly browned. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet; when hot, add onions and mushrooms, and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Add remaining ingredients except biscuits; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in reserved flour mixture and cook 1 to 2 more minutes, or until slightly thickened. Pour chicken mixture into baking dish. Place biscuits on top.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until biscuits are golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can enjoy a cookie version of your favorite campfire treat with our recipe for Peanut Butter S'more Bars! These bars feature a chunky peanut butter crust that's layered with marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, and roasted peanuts. Go on, make these and be the star of the next potluck!